Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Zone Conference

Canola field

Tiny frog

The true Elder Martin


Zone Conference was well a Zone Conference if you can remember how yours went. It was just an update really on the rule changes, for instance we can now wear light gray suite coats and Khaki pants. So thats pretty sweet I think. On P-day we played a pretty intense game of ultimate Frisbee and I went for a dive and landed on my wrist pretty hard, so I went and bought a splint yesterday and if it doesnt start to feel less sore by next week I'm going to go get it checked out by the Bishop in 1st ward because hes a doctor. I was pretty peeved at myself because its just such a stupid accident and makes me so mad because now its just a hindrance. Then we played some soccer that was all fun, Elder Miner actually did pretty well in goal, made a couple pretty nice saves.

Studies are going pretty good, ive read through Mathew and half way through Mark and for the BofM im through 1 and 2nd Nephi, Jacob and Enos. Loving every minute of it, just seem to keep on learnin more and more each time I read. I really like what it says in: Mosiah 2:41 41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.
I feel that really relates to 2nd Nephi 28:32 32 aWo be unto the Gentiles, saith the Lord God of Hosts! For notwithstanding I shall lengthen out mine arm unto them from day to day, they will deny me; nevertheless, I will be merciful unto them, saith the Lord God, if they will repent and bcome unto me; for mine carm is lengthened out all the day long, saith the Lord God of Hosts.

That both those scriptures I feel go hand in hand that even when people deny him that his arm is still lengthened out unto them and that as we keep his commandments that we are blessed even after people have denied him because of the atonements power he still loves them no matter what. and further on in jacob he quotes what his brother Nephi says as well. just thought that was pretty cool.

We are currently trying to get a less active reactivated this month and it started off good with one coming back to church and she actually got up and bore her testimony and elder miner and I both looked at each other and were like "is that sister Tempany?" it was pretty cool. Elder Miner and I got to stand up and Bare our testimonies it was pretty moving and powerful. Had a lot of members actually compliment me on it so it made me smile. But what was even more awesome is that in that meeting we had a missionary who is going home bare his testimony then a missionary who just got out in the field (me) then a missionary who just got home. and then one who is going out in October all shared their testimonies. Very spiritual Sacrament :) Hope this was a little better and what your looking for..... haha.

still cant believe your comparing me to Kjersti I'm nowhere NEAR her level of awesomeness. and shes a woman, so she just wins on information there hands down... haha.
Love you dad! thanks for all you do and support

Elder Martin

 Also quick side not maybe to not much surprise to you but yesterday at Zone Conference Elder Miner and I won the car inspection award for cleanest car :) just thought i would share..... that I know, shocker huh haha

Elder Martin has always been good about taking care of his car..... something he has always loved to do. For those wondering about what he was saying about Kjersti Roberts, she is a Sister Missionary from the Alpine Ward that is Serving in France, I basically copied her last post on her blog and sent it to him telling him to add more details, and that was his response to that email, Sister Roberts link to her website is posted on this blog...  She is doing fantastic also.

No comments:

Post a Comment