Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Elder Martins last week with Elder Miner before he goes home....

 Last weeks success dad was I believe what I had written you about Francis and how we met, to add to him with what happened this week we went over lesson 2 the plan of salvation and we felt like a light went off in his head, when first he asked us the question of does it talk in the bible of Christ coming to America and we said yes in John 10:16 16 "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be onefold, and one shepherd." and then we asked him if he had faith that that was really the case, he  said yes but then asked if he visited them what about Africa? (remember he's from Cameroon) We then turned to 3rd Nephi 16:1-3  1 And verily, verily, I say unto you that I have other sheep, which are not of this land, neither of the land of Jerusalem, neither in any parts of that land round about whither I have been to minister.2 For they of whom I speak are they who have not as yet heard my voice; neither have I at any time manifested myself unto them. 3 But I have received a commandment of the Father that I shall go unto them, and that they shall hear my voice, and shall be numbered among my sheep, that there may be one fold and one shepherd; therefore I go to show myself unto them.

After Elder Miner and I had Francis read this a hush came into the room. I then asked Francis "After reading this do you have faith in the lord Jesus Christ that Joseph Smith Is a Prophet that was called of God to restore His church on Earth" Francis said yes, I proceeded to ask him "Then in believing that do you believe that God would put a Prophet on Earth in this day in age to still talk and receive Revelation for us?" Francis again said yes. Then in went quiet again and the spirit prompted me to ask a third question, "Francis with having this knowledge will you then strive to become like your Savior Jesus Christ and prepare yourself to enter into the waters of Baptism" and again he said yes! then he proceeded to say, "In all my studies and religious reading I have never come across a book or scriptures that explain where Jesus has been and if he visited Africa, and now you have showed me this, no it doesn't say Africa specifically but it pretty much leads you to think that's where he also went"

Sooo that was a huge break through this week, and then we get transferred woooohooo haha, that's ok the lord will put good missionaries here and not let him fall!

Last night Elder Miner and I went to Brother Mathews (less Active) and said goodbye to him and hope to see him in two years and before we left he showed us this Canadian Flag that had Missionary signings on it, but only a few and he told us that only the special missionaries that have brought joy to our family can sign this, so that was a really privileged thing :) and then he proceeded to give me a bottle of Chipoltle Tabasco that his wife brought back from the states! it was awesome haha, when dad sent me one, I took it to his place and showed him it, because we both love spice and I said this isn't spicy, but has a nice flavor! I'm going to miss that family, but will never forget about them, and we will just have to stop by and see them when you come pick me up! :)

I hope this is a good blog entry for you dad, it was a really awesome one in my book if you ask me! haha Love you both so very much!
Elder Martin

Elder Miner burning his suit before leaving for Home.... He was a strong example of
a Missionary for our Elder Martin 

Elder Martin and Elder Miner

Calgary Temple

Elder Martin sporting his LA Galaxy jersey

View of downtown Calgary

Elder Martin overlooking Calgary

No comments:

Post a Comment