Thursday, April 10, 2014

What a Week


Well every appointment except for 1! fell through this week..... that was fun.... not really, but that's alright.... we went to Mission Leadership Council on Friday and that was cool, we talked about the New Standard of Excellence that president is announcing and thats pretty much 3 personal finding hours a day and 10 people talked to outside of tracting and then 1 new investigator and 1 new less active a week.... should be interesting :P so far its been going well.

I really enjoyed Priesthood session, its always my favorite, Especially Elder Eyring... who is my favorite hah. But I really enjoyed his Priesthood Hero talk I guess we could call it, and made me think who I have had in my life and how am I going to be able to give back to that for kids or friends when i'm in that position :)

So yesterday after conference we had like 2 hours to kill before dinner, so we went tracting.... yaaaay not really haha, no success needless to say so we went for dinner, thats was good, crazy family with 6 kids all under the age of 12, then we did some MORE tracting..... well boy was I Humbled hah... as you can imagine its easy to get bored or discouraged while knocking doors... and I will admit I had the wrong attitude towards it, until we started on this street we felt prompted to knock, mainly because there was a potential investigator on that street. so we started the grind and door after door it seemed like the people had been getting nicer the farther down the street we went, We talked with a lady named Kylie who was interested because she had gone to her mormon friends church building twice in the last month and wanted to know a little more, but seemed very busy but told us to stop by later we talked for about 10 min.... then 2 houses down we met a very pregnant Destiny who was super nice. Elder Nelsen asked if she would like to know More about the Book of Mormon and speedily said yea! my friends mormon and would love to know more about her church, but i'm Due in two weeks and will be a little busy, so we asked if we could come back a month or so later and said yes. Then we get to the second to last house, the door opens up and This man seems very pleased to see us, and I felt very happy and like this was where we were suppose to be. We asked if we could share a message about the Book Of Mormon and he boldly said yes..... we testified of its truths and then set up a RETURN appointment for next Thursday at 8 :) His name is Kent and he is an Electrician by trade... that was the end to my week. It strengthened my testimony of trials of faith and prayers were answered thats for sure, and what a wonderful way to  end Conference Sunday! :) 


Elder Nelsen and Elder Martin


Elder Martin at a members home with a Cool Lego room

No comments:

Post a Comment